Monday, July 12, 2010

S u m m e r T i m e C r e a t i o n s from YIKES! Studio



Some of the new summer disk pendants available
at Sea of Cotton, Bar Harbor
.


Last weekend I was at the Belfast Art in the Park show. Usually I love this show and have great sales but this weekend the weather was absolutely horrendous. I have never seen such a downpour. Just when I thought it couldn't rain any harder it did! I learned that my tent is not waterproof in such conditions. Luckily today was sunny and warm and I was able to dry everything out.

I love my little clay oven, but lately it's just been sitting there empty while I bake my creations on a rock outside my studio. Well, not quite- but it has been a little tropical lately, and my jewelry colors have become more tropical too, with lots of lusciously sweet, bright pastels and jewel tones.



chilled clay


Polymer clay gets too soft to work with in the heat.
Here's my clay, cooling on ice packs!


I've been working on a variety of new earrings incorporating sprays of glittering color, translucent layers of delicate greens and purples, colors that shimmer in the sun. These are fresh, delicate designs.They are waterproof, strong and light too, making them the natural choice for a really comfortable summer accessory!





I am jazzed to offer these new designs at the Naples for the Arts festival on July 30-13. This show is Saturday, July 31 on the Naples Causeway, from 9:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m. The show is hosting a myriad of activities to entertain people of all ages.

I've sent out dozens of earrings in every color to Sagegrass Gallery in Bar Harbor, and a number of beautiful disk necklaces and cute new earrings to Sea of Cotton in Bar Harbor. These shops are great places to discover beautiful accessories and art!



No comments :

Post a Comment