Ok, smoothie time again. I just love my daily smoothies. They help me make my quota of fruits and vegetables and they taste so great.
This is the smoothie concoction I made today.
Strawberry Pineapple Salad Smoothie (You won't taste the veggies-- I promise!)
- torn up red romaine lettuce--about small salad's worth
- handful of baby spinach
- small handful parsley
- 4" european cuke cut in several pieces (leave peel on)
- 1/3 can coconut milk (be sure you stir or shake the can first)
- 1 banana (can be frozen)
- water as needed-- start with 1/2 cup
- 1/4 avocado
- two slices of previously frozen pineapple
- big handful frozen strawberries (I always go organic here--sadly, regular strawberries are #1 on the most pesticide laden of foods you can buy).
- ice--I use 5-6 cubes as I like them very cold
This actually makes more than the glass shown above so my husband always gets a serving too.