Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Spring and Summer from YIKES!


Happy Spring
& Summer
from YIKES! Studio
Greetings!

We are well into a gorgeous late Maine spring with summer fast approaching. I wanted to pause a moment in this busy time to update my wonderful customers on what has been happening in the studio. This season I have been focusing on pieces with lots of energy and vibrant color as well as some new designs incorporating new shapes such as pods, gears and blossoms. I find myself gravitating towards using colors in oranges, pinks, yellows, turquoises, purples, citrus greens, high contrast black and white, in all kinds of combinations and patterns. Some subtle, some outrageous!
YIKES! News
First big news is that I am as of January 2012, a member of Seven Arts Gallery in Ellsworth. It is so good to have a "home" for my creations. You can find a large selection of earrings etc. at the gallery on a regular basis. I am in the gallery once a week and available for meeting with customers there any time. Seven Arts Gallery is located in the Maine Grind building on Maine St. in downtown Ellsworth.  We are right next door to the Grind Cafe which is now run by the talented owners of Cleonice Restaurant. Art and food together, oh my! 

Secondly, I have been doing some work for Polyform, the makers of sculpey products and the clay I use called Premo. They approached me and asked that I utilize a new product and photograph my process, write descriptions and send the finished pieces to them for use in publications etc. Its pretty exciting to be contacted out of the blue like that by the makers of my clay! 

Next in my news I have been working on some new accounts and now YIKES! Studio jewelry can be found in more stores and galleries through out Maine, Mass, Vermont and New Hampshire. Everything continues to be made one at a time, by me so you can imagine my studio time is maxed!

_______________________________________

Schedule 2012
As I am now in Seven Arts Gallery and in more shops and galleries, my show schedule is much lighter this year. 
  • The first show of the season will be theGilsland Farm Audubon Show, Falmouth, Maine Aug 18-19 (beautiful setting, lovely show)
  • Second will be the American Folk Festival in Bangor Aug 24-26 (So much to see and do!!)
  • Fashion NIght Out at D' ALessio Gallery in Bar Harbor Sept. 6, 6-10 pm (wicked fun!)    
  • Designing Women at Husson College Bangor, Nov 3 (always a great small show - perfect venue for beginning holiday shopping)

That's my schedule as I know it for now. You can always purchase my work online, stop in to Seven Arts Gallery or contact me directly for all your YIKES! jewelry needs. 

_______________________________________


For all you YIKES! junkies, I am continuing my jewelry punch cards. They are good anytime at Seven Arts Gallery as well as at my shows. If you don't have a card yet ask for one when you purchase a pair or two of earrings. Collect punches towards a free pair of earrings in your color choice!

________________________________________

Hope you all have a lovely spring and summer and that I see you again real soon.

Best always,
Suzanne Anderson ~ YIKES! Studio
207-356-0460
 




Super pretty new blossom pendants
Lil' birds in a gear
New black and white series
Big abstract rings 

No comments :

Post a Comment