Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Years' End Update: Time to Give Thanks


Year's End ~ feeling thankful!

I love feeling all snuggled in while the snow falls so lovely outside. Today has been a full day of preparing pies, shoveling snow and working in the studio to get ready for the last shows of the year

A Moment of Thanks 
Its been a strange and wonderful year in the studio and at the shows. I have met some really great people and renewed acquaintances. I am ever thankful for this art filled life I lead and the many places it takes me. I owe a huge thank you to my husband Anthony who puts up with all my show shenanigans! I am also very thankful to my many loyal and appreciative customers. When they go out of their way to purchase something special for themselves and/or gifts for others especially from me, I am honored. I work very hard to put out a beautiful product that exceeds all expectations and brings some happiness to the wearer. A customer said recently to me that the women on her list are disappointed when they don't get their YIKES! earrings!

Last Bangor Area Show for 2011
This friday through Sunday (Nov 25, 26 & 27) I will be at the 6th annual open studio at Essentially Felt in Glenburn. The hours are 11-4 daily. Come have a glass of cheer with the 9 local artists who will be showing their work. Preview Sandy's fantastic new yarn shop! 15% of all artists sales will be donated to MPBN. You can find us at 865 Pushaw Rd., Glenburn. 207-942-0365 more info.

 
Back in Portland
I will be finishing up the show season in Portland this year at the SEA Show at the East End Community School. This is a lively show with lots of fun work. Its a great place to find unusual hand-created gifts. I just love Portland at Christmas time! The show runs Fri. Dec 2, 6-9 pm, Sat. Dec 3 pm, 10-5 pm, and Sun. Dec 4, 11-4.





Finding My Work

If you can't make a show and want to know where else I sell my work, some of the places are One Lupine Fiber Arts in Bangor, Center for Maine Craft in Gardiner and at the Bangor Mall, The Gifted Hand Holiday Shop in Ellsworth (starting Dec 2), Holiday Extravaganza at Aarhus Gallery in Belfast and Lucky Dog Gallery in Rockland. You can find a complete list on my web site.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Man Ray helps out in the studio

No comments :

Post a Comment